10 Crystals, What They Represent, and How to Use Crystal Jewelry to Transform Your Life
If you are reading this, I am going to assume that you have crystals, you are curious about crystals, or you want to start collecting them. Wherever you do stand, you are certainly on a fun adventure because the world of crystals is vast and majestic.
I grew up in the jewelry business so I have been around crystals, and gemstones all of my life. For a long time I was mostly fascinated by their beauty, but as my spiritual journey has evolved so has my interest in their magical powers.
Before we get started, I wanted to share with you that mostly everything is the Universe is made up of stardust including you and me, the earth below, the sky above, the homes we live in, the cars we drive, the technology we use and the jewelry we wear.
Stardust is minerals and minerals make up quite literally, everything.
As astronomer Carl Sagan stated, “The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff.”
Pretty neat, huh?
With this groovy concept in mind, let’s get familiar with some of the crystals out there, and how to use crystal jewelry to transform your life.
For starters, crystals are true to their name as they are crystallized formations of minerals; which are natural, solid, inorganic compositions. In their raw (or natural) form, you will likely see rough edges and crystalized peaks. However, when crystals are used to make jewelry, they are often tumbled and polished (by machines), which smoothes out their edges and makes them shiny.
Throughout this article I may refer to crystals as stones, which are simply rocks that are made up of minerals, and gemstones— which are a combination of minerals and rocks.
Now’s the fun part in which I will share 10 popular crystals, in alphabetical order, with affirmations that will help with the transformations on your journey.
1. Amethyst comes in shades of purple and promotes peace and healing. It also helps if you have any addictions or problems sleeping, or if you feel anxious. It is also most associated with the third eye chakra, which helps the wearer tap into intuition and introspection.
I recommend the following affirmation when using amethyst: “I welcome peace and healing into my life.”
2. Aventurine is a muted green stone that brings forth luck, prosperity, and abundance and is most associated with the heart chakra for love.
If and when you are ready to manifest money into your life, I recommend reciting the following affirmation: “I am attracting prosperity and abundance into my life.”
3. Carnelian is a reddish-orange stone that promotes courage, confidence, and creativity. It also helps with vitality, providing a boost in sexuality and sensuality. You know what we say to that?Yes, please, and thank you! Wearing (or using) carnelian also helps us tap into our sacral chakra for connection and acceptance.
I recommend the following affirmation when using carnelian: “I am confident, creative, courageous, and sexy.”
4. Citrine is a transparent, yellow stone that boosts energy, creativity, and wealth—and also helps with goal-setting and ultimately goal-achieving. It also powers up the solar plexus, which helps one manifest their wildest dreams!
I recommend the following affirmation when using citrine: “I am manifestesting my dreams and desires.”
5. Howlite is a white marbleized stone that promotes presence and awareness. It is also a great stone to use for meditation as it helps one connect to a higher realm of consciousness with its connection to the crown chakra.
I recommend the following affirmation when using howlite: “I am stepping into awareness so I can be in the present moment.”
6. Lapis lazuli is a rich blue stone with flecks of white and gold that has mystical energy around it. It promotes transformation, authenticity, and self-awareness. It also helps us connect to the throat chakra for self-expression and communication.
If and when you are ready for magical energy, I recommend the following affirmation when using lapis lazuli: “I am evolving.”
7. Moonstone is a milky-white iridescent stone that helps us connect to our intuition (third-eye chakra) and higher consciousness (crown chakra). It is also the stone of the Divine Feminine, which helps to awaken and empower femininity. Plus, it has some epic moon magic!
I recommend the following affirmation when using moonstone: “I am tapping into my intuition and feminine energy.”
8. Onyx is a shiny black stone that ignites inner and physical strength and inspires you to step into your power. It also helps to protect from negative energy by banishing icky vibes. Onyx also helps with grounding energy with its affiliation with the root chakra.
I recommend the following affirmation when using onyx: “I am stepping into my power.”
9. Quartz is a clear stone that transforms healing and energy and also helps one attain a higher level of consciousness with its connection to the crown chakra for higher connection.
I recommend the following affirmation when using quartz: “I am transforming for my highest good.”
10. Rose Quartz is a soft pink stone that promotes all the love feels, as well as compassion, kindness, and tenderness. It is also most associated with the crown chakra, which promotes higher consciousness
I recommend the following affirmation when using rose quartz: “I am attracting all the love that I desire to give & receive.”
When you take a moment to think about it, all these crystals are gifts straight from Mother Earth. In appreciation for these gifts, I want to thank the Universe, for it is from stardust that we can be guided to transform.
Now go grab you crystals and watch the magic unfold!
With Love & Light,
Founder of Five Star Hippie®
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.